Improving Health Through Translational Alcohol Research
Volume 37, Number 1, 2015
Through translational research, scientists are turning discoveries made in basic and clinical research laboratories into new and improved applications in health and medicine. Moreover, the information gained through clinical research and practice is stimulating new directions in basic science. This issue of Alcohol Research: Current Reviews highlights the bidirectional nature of translational alcohol research and explores how today’s investigations are setting the stage for tomorrow’s interventions to prevent and treat alcohol misuse and alcohol use disorder.
Table of Contents
- Editors' Note [PDF]
Edith V. Sullivan, Ph.D., and Antonio Noronha, Ph.D.
- Translating Alcohol Research: Opportunities and Challenges [PDF]
Angela M. Batman, Ph.D., and Michael F. Miles, M.D., Ph.D.
- Advances in Medications and Tailoring Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder [PDF]
Chamindi Seneviratne, M.D., and Bankole A. Johnson, D.Sc., M.D., MBChB, M.Phil., FRCPsych, DFAPA, FACFEI
- Cognitive Neuroscience Approaches to Understanding Behavior Change in Alcohol Use Disorder Treatments [PDF]
Nasir H. Naqvi, M.D., Ph.D., and Jon Morgenstern, Ph.D.
SPECIAL SECTION: TECHNOLOGIES FOR TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH
- Utilization of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Research Involving Animal Models of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders [PDF]
Xiaojie Wang, Ph.D., and Christopher D. Kroenke, Ph.D.
- Advances in Electrophysiological Research [PDF]
Chella Kamarajan, Ph.D., and Bernice Porjesz, Ph.D.
- Advances in Human Neuroconnectivity Research: Applications for Understanding Familial History Risk for Alcoholism [PDF]
Anita Cservenka, Ph.D.; Gabriela Alarcón; Scott Jones; and Bonnie J. Nagel, Ph.D.
- Advances in Diagnosis and Treatment of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: From Animal Models to Human Studies [PDF]
Nathen J. Murawski, Ph.D.; Eileen M. Moore, Ph.D.; Jennifer D. Thomas, Ph.D.; and Edward P. Riley, Ph.D.
- Mechanisms of Neuroplasticity and Ethanol Effects on Plasticity in the Striatum and Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminals [PDF]
David M. Lovinger, Ph.D., and Thomas L. Kash, Ph.D.
- Neuroplasticity in Human Alcoholism: Studies of Extended Abstinence with Potential Treatment Implications [PDF]
George Fein, Ph.D., and Valerie A. Cardenas, Ph.D.
- Neuroplasticity and Predictors of Alcohol Recovery [PDF]
Dongju Seo, Ph.D., and Rajita Sinha, Ph.D.